What is a “pearl?" A pearl is simply an outstanding practice that others might benefit from learning more about. The sessions are structured for the award recipients to describe:
- How this pearl has benefitted their organization?
- The biggest challenge in reaching this level of effectiveness?
- What is the lesson learned from their experience?
- Plans to do moving forward to take improvement to the next level?
Award recipients will each give a 10-minute presentation. The pearls they will share are:
- How teams turn a $$ loser into a $$$ winner.
- Innovation: Using Google glass, smart watches and AGV for materials.
- Taking policy deployment to the shop floor to engage employees.
- Decreasing space while increasing throughput (a 5-year trend).
In the second half of this double session, attendees will be divided into small groups and each award recipient will rotate amongst the small groups for Q&A.
AME Excellence Award is seeking to have award recipients share their pearls. The single best practice identified by the assessment team during the course of their site visit. www.ame.org/excellence-awards
Practitioners/leaders from the 2017 AME Excellence Award recipient companies:
AGCO, Jackson, Minnesota
Littelfuse, Dongguan, China
Littelfuse, Suzhou, China
Powerblanket, Salt Lake City, Utah