Explore the value and benefits, and key leadership behaviors, of building a people-centric culture.
The people-centric leadership 101 course was designed by the AME PCL team to provide organizations with a comprehensive overview of people-centric leadership and the behaviors required to build a culture where every day, everyone is fulfilled by pursuing excellence and everybody flourishes. Attendees will learn:
- The value and benefits of building a people-centric culture.
- Key leadership behaviors necessary to build a people-centric culture, including:
- honest and persistent self-reflection
- reflective Listening and effective communication
- building relationships
- supporting the growth and development of people
- celebration and recognition.
- The link between building a people-centric culture and the lean/CI tools.
- Vision, goal setting, feedback and alignment in a people-centric culture.
The AME People-centric Leadership (PCL) team is a diverse group of individuals across industry with expertise in building a people-centric culture. This group is dedicated to supporting the AME Vision for "a manufacturing renaissance driven by people-centric leadership coupled with enterprise excellence." www.ame.org/people-centric-leadership-resources
Lisa Weis is a lean/continuous improvement expert with over 20 years of success in helping hundreds of public and private organizations achieve their vision and meet their strategic goals by engaging people, implementing enterprise excellence and inspiring innovation. She is a certified professor for communication skills training in the Barry-Wehmiller University. Weis is currently the lean program director for the Delaware Manufacturing Extension Partnership. She is also an AME Mid-Atlantic board member, a member of the AME PCL team and a member of Campus Community School Board.