Note: This tour is open to employees of a U.S. registered business who are U.S. citizens
Discover lean principles taught and deployed in a high mix, medium volume manufacturing facility. See empowered culture facilitating employee participation in Raytheon six sigma to drive continuous improvement.
On this tour, see the methods Raytheon Precision Manufacturing employs to achieve excellence, including:
- Certified OSHA VPP Star Site (Voluntary Protection Program) to drive a safer workplace for the RPM family.
- Program management practices to drive execution excellence.
- Engineering practices to drive RPM engagement in the entire product lifecycle from concept phase. through prototyping, production and sustainment.
- Investment strategy in emerging technology to ensure industry leadership (e.g. additive manufacturing (3D printing) for complex metal parts).
- Engagement and integration with RPM’s strategic supply base.
- Best practices to enable reduced time to market for new products.
- Culture of collaboration with customers (being a valued member of your customer’s team).
Raytheon is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cybersecurity markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 93 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing, effects, and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as cybersecurity and a broad range of mission support services.
Raytheon Precision Manufacturing (RPM), a division of Raytheon’s Missile Systems business, is a leading provider of complex precision machined products and assemblies across the aerospace and defense industries. RPM’s mission is to provide affordable precision-machined products and assemblies. www.raytheon.com