Are you an Emerging Leader?
- a lean practitioner of any age with fewer than 5 years of experience working in a leadership or a non-leadership professional role in your organization, and
- interested in networking with peers of similar caliber, and
- an AME individual member or employee of a corporate member, and
- able to attend the AME International Conference, November 4-7, in Chicago, IL, and
- prepared to serve AME in a volunteer capacity
The AME Emerging Leaders Program is a leadership development program which enables lean practitioners to participate in problem-solving work groups, network with peers, and serve the profession in a leadership capacity. It also puts participants on a fast track to AME volunteerism. The program seeks diversity based on geography, gender, ethnicity and type of industry.
The AME Emerging Leaders program will culminate at the AME Chicago 2019 International Conference. Program benefits include:
- Complimentary registration to attend the AME International Conference
- Free leadership clinic at the AME Conference, sponsored by Living As A Leader
- Invitation to attend a Champion’s Club reception at the AME International Conference to network and learn from industry leaders
- Ongoing learning and networking through the online AME Network Emerging Leaders community
- Opportunity to serve in a volunteer capacity in an AME region, task force or committee; appointments are not guaranteed
Cost & Who Pays
The participant's employer may sponsor their respective nominee upon his or her acceptance into the Program. The sponsoring organization must provide the time and resources for participants to attend the AME International Conference and conference activities that are critical to the success of the program.
- $1,500 sponsorship fee covers full conference registration and clinic registration sponsored by Living As A Leader at the AME International Conference, November 4-7, in Chicago, IL
- Sponsorship fee will be invoiced and must be paid prior to the conference.
Sponsoring Organization Commitment
General managers, presidents and CEOs sponsoring candidates recognize that sending participants to the AME Emerging Leader program is valuable to both their employee and their organization. The leadership of sponsoring organizations understand that their commitment and support means allowing their Emerging Leader participant to attend the AME International Conference.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for the 2019 class of AME Emerging Leaders, please complete this form in its entirety and submit by July 1, 2019.
If you have any questions…
Don’t hesitate to contact our volunteer and staff leads:
Director, Administrative Services
Director, Alliances, AME
Newport News Shipbuilding
Thank you to our program sponsors!