The Association for Manufacturing Excellence (AME) is the premier organization for the exchange of knowledge in enterprise excellence. Members come together to explore lean thinking and other enterprise improvement methods, exchange best practices, network to advance their careers and improve the competitiveness and overall value of their organizations.
Since our creation as a not-for-profit in 1985, we have grown to represent 4,000 members ranging from executives to senior and middle managers who wish to improve both their organization’s and their personal performance.
Today, our profession requires increased productivity and specialized solutions. AME’s power is in the mentoring relationships that take place among our members. We are the only organization that provides company leaders with educational opportunities to learn leading-edge topics from leaders and fellow practitioners by attending events and through networking.
Director of Consortia
We are looking for a Director of Consortia to lead the Consortia development efforts for the association. Reporting to the AME President, the Director of Consortia is a member of the AME Management Team, will be a member of the Regional President’s Council and develop and implement strategy to grow the AME Consortia offering throughout North America. This is a full time paid position including all benefits.
• Working with the AME President and the Regional Presidents, will develop and implement the strategy to develop the AME Consortia offering throughout the US and Canada
• Identify, hire, coach and supervise Consortia Facilitators
• Develop the standard work processes and guidelines surrounding Consortia
• Assist in mining leads and recruiting new members into the existing and developing Consortia’s
• Working with Regional President’s Council to insure integration of Consortia’s and Regions.
• Working with AME headquarters to make sure Consortia’s needs are met in Administration, Marketing, Sales, Event Planning and Membership.
• Anticipating trends and needs of the Consortia’s and the Regional Facilitators and communicating them to the President and Regional President’s Council.
• Providing backup to the Facilitators
• Develop methods to assess member satisfaction, engagement and retention
• Assuring integrity in all relationships
• 40-50% travel; major US metro location
• Will be a member of the AME President’s leadership team
• 5+ years leadership experience in a lean environment
• Prefer 5+ years’ experience in business growth/development activities with documented results
• Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree a plus
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Leader and motivator of people
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking to hire summer interns to assist AME staff with additional workload in preparation for our annual conference to be held October, 2017. Positions will be paid.
• Assist the marketing team in the production of brochures, flyers, presentations, direct mail pieces, web, email, print and banner ads, signage and exhibit displays, forms and e-newsletters. Assist with content marketing campaigns by reformatting and redesigning our magazine articles into sharable digital pieces and eBooks.
• Experience using PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver. Understanding of HTML or website content management platforms--such as Drupal, Squarespace or WordPress--a plus.
General Office Intern
• Assist the registration team with building events in database and registering attendees, assist meeting planning team with logistics and event management.
• General office work as needed.
Apply to: email@example.com.