Get a behind-the-scenes look at musical history as you tour Fender Musical Instruments Corporation's (FMIC) world-class facilities and learn from experts how to apply the practice of problem solving using A3 thinking in this one-day workshop. Toyota pioneered the practice of problem solving using A3 thinking—the idea that you can fit the problem, the analysis, the corrective action and the action plan down on a single sheet of large (A3: 11 by 17 inch tabloid sheet of paper) paper, often with the use of graphics. The current use of the A3 process far outreaches its original format and is now widely used in all industries as a key tool for measuring, controlling and communicating an organizations strategy. Learn how this proven systematic problem solving method is applied in activity-based work from A3 professionals who help develop and pioneer their application.
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) is the world’s foremost manufacturer of guitars, basses, amplifiers and related equipment. With an illustrious history dating back to 1946, Fender has touched and transformed music worldwide and in nearly every genre: rock ‘n’ roll, country and western, jazz, rhythm and blues, and many others. Fender became one of the world leaders by defining the sounds we hear, by meeting the needs of musicians, by creating quality products and by backing them up with service and stability. As FMIC forges into the 21st century, its management strives to maintain Fender’s status through a combination of business acumen and love for music.
8:00 am - 8:30 am Welcome & introductions
8:30 am - 8:45 am Housekeeping & ground rules
8:45 am - 10:00 am A3 training & rools
10:00 am - 10:15 am Break
10:15 am - 11:00 am Box 1: Problem & report-out
11:00 am - 11:30 am Box 2: Current state
11:30 am - 12:00 pm Lunch
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Box 3: Target state & report-out
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Box 4: Gap analysis & report-out
2:00 pm - 2:45 pm Tour
2:45 pm - 3:00 pm Box 5: Solution approach
3:00 pm - 3:15 pm Box 6: Experiments & report-out
3:15 pm - 3:30 pm Box 7: Completion plan
3:30 pm - 3:45 pm Box 8: Confirmed state
3:45 pm - 4:00 pm Box 9: Insights
4:00 pm Adjourn
- Explore A3 thinking and why it is effective for organizations from healthcare to manufacturing.
- Learn the many applications of A3s, from strategic planning to project management, to personal development.
- Learn the A3 framework for efficient problem solving.
- Learn how an A3 can communicate and promote a corrective action mentality within your organization.
- Learn the visual methods for displaying and communicating your A3s.
- Learn the application of a value stream level A3.
- Learn how the A3 process can promote more team work and support lean cultural development.
- Executive and change leadership teams
- CEOs, presidents, vice presidents
- Executive leaders, general managers, lean leaders
- Anyone facilitating change within your organization who understands the importance of critical thinking, employing both left and right brain, to set the basis for dynamic, practical problem solving and transform the head, heart and hands to active engagement.
You can become an AME member during the registration process for $150 per year and obtain the discounted AME member rate for this event. Your membership will also entitle you to a registration discount for all future AME conferences, seminars, workshops and webinars for one year. Additionally, you will receive a subscription to the award-winning Target magazine and much more.
Payment or purchase order must be received by the AME office five days prior to the event start date. If no payment or PO number is received, you will be asked to pay with a credit card or check at the event before entry.
Cancellation Policy: Enrollment fee less a $100 non-refundable registration charge will be refunded up to one week before the event. Substitutions may be made up to three days prior to the start of the workshop.
Notes: This event may be cancelled by AME for any reason. AME is not responsible for incidental costs incurred by registrants. By registering for this meeting, I hereby acknowledge and agree that AME or its agents may take photographs of me during events and may use those photographs for AME’s purposes, including but not limited to news and promotional purposes, without further compensation to me.