Join us for the popular one-day AME Lean Boot Camp! This AME Western Region workshop focuses on lean fundamentals to allow participants to quickly learn and apply lean tools and methods immediately. The goal is to build an understanding of lean and help develop great problem solvers for your organization. Host company Biotix, Inc. has on-site product development, sales, marketing and distribution that allows participants to practice in a working setting that same day. Highlights include:
- Lean and Kaizen
- The eight wastes and their countermeasures
- RattlesNVAke hunt exercise
- 7S, visual management, Kanban
- Set-up reduction
- Processing mapping, one piece flow, standard work
- Team improvement exercise
Download a flyer to share here!
Biotix, Inc. develops and manufactures laboratory consumables and liquid handling solutions for life science, clinical, pharmaceutical and biotechnology laboratories. Biotix specializes in pipette tip innovation, engineering tips that improve accuracy, precision and ergonomics. Biotix products are available through various distributors in the United States and internationally. Biotix, Inc. was incorporated in 2005 and is based in San Diego, Calif. This one day boot camp will provide participants with a great understanding of lean tools and methods with practical application on site at the host company. Participants will then go practice what they’ve just learned on the shop floor. biotix.com
8:00 a.m. - 8:15 a.m. Continental breakfast, welcome & introductions
8:15 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. Biotix, Inc. overview
8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. Lean, Kaizen, eight wastes & their countermeasures
9:30 a.m. - 9:45 a.m. Break
9:45 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. RattlesNVAke hunt exercise & trophy awards
10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. 7S, visual controls, Kanban & set-up reduction
11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Lunch
12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m. Process mapping, one piece flow & standard work
12:30 p.m. - 1:15 p.m. LEGO® go-kart exercise
1:15 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Small team practice on shop floor using lean tools
3:00 p.m. - 3:45 p.m. Team reports
3:45 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Award AME Lean Boot Camp certificates
4:00 p.m. Adjourn
Jerry M. Wright is a seasoned lean professional with 30 years of experience in the aerospace, consumer products, power distribution and medical device manufacturing industries. Wright has a BS in mechanical engineering and an MBA. He is Lean Gold Certified and is also a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt. He is only the 7th person in the world to achieve the Gold level of Lean Certification by the joint alliance of AME, SME, ASQ and Shingo Institute. He teaches lean and process excellence at both SDSU and USCD, and currently serves as the Western Region President for AME.
Steve Ebbing is a certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt, the President of the Ebbing Group and a member for AME's Western Region Board. Ebbing is a life-long lean practitioner and has more than 30 years of implementing lean and lean Six Sigma at Cardinal Health/CareFusion, the U.S. Air Force and many other companies.
- Anyone wanting to learn more about lean practices
- Supervisors or managers who want to learn how to deploy lean with their teams
- Technical professionals, engineers and operations leaders who want to build their lean tools understanding
- Company owners that need to make improvements within their businesses to get results and want to see if Lean is a good fit for their organizations
- Students, teachers and others seeking how to learn and develop lean practices
- Learn how to apply lean from those who have done it over and over in industry
- Hands-on opportunity to see and implement lean methodology immediately at the host company
- Participants will be able to meet other similar-minded professionals in their area of expertise and develop contacts for benchmarking and best practice sharing.
- Take-aways of tools and methods to deploy at your own organization to drive out waste and improve safety, quality and delivery while reducing cost!
You can become an AME member during the registration process for $150 per year and obtain the discounted AME member rate for this event. Your membership will also entitle you to a registration discount for all future AME conferences, seminars, workshops and webinars for one year. Additionally, you will receive a subscription to the award winning Target magazine and much more.
Payment or purchase order must be received by the AME office five days prior to the event start date. If no payment or PO number is received, you will be asked to pay with a credit card or check at the event before entry.
Cancellation Policy: Enrollment fee less a $150 non-refundable registration charge will be refunded up to one week before the event. Substitutions may be made up to three days prior to the start of the workshop.
Notes: This event may be cancelled by AME for any reason. AME is not responsible for incidental costs incurred by registrants. By registering for this meeting, I hereby acknowledge and agree that AME or its agents may take photographs of me during events and may use those photographs for AME’s purposes, including but not limited to news and promotional purposes, without further compensation to me.