Join us for the popular one-day AME Lean Boot Camp! This hands-on workshop focuses on lean fundamentals to allow participants to quickly learn and apply lean tools and methods. Participants will practice using lean tools and then work with host company Costco Optical Lab employees to implement kaizen that same day. Workshop highlights include: 7S, SMED, kanban/pull, standard work, one-piece flow, the eight wastes and their countermeasures, rattlesNVAke hunt exercises, set-up reduction, processing mapping, and more. Those that complete their kaizen work will receive an AME Lean Boot Camp certificate!
Costco Optical Lab is one of two wholly-owned optical labs that make custom eye wear for Costco customers. The Costco Optical Lab in National City, CA (near San Diego) makes more than 10,000 pairs of glasses daily in their 700 person lab. The lab operates 6.5 days per week, 24 hours per day. Costco Optical Lab started its lean journey five years ago. Known for its commitment to Kaizen, Kanban, visual controls and a total employee involvement in their “My Kaizen Idea” program, the Costco Optical Lab lean journey has resulted in significant cultural changes and millions of dollars in savings. See more at costco.com.
7:30 a.m. - 8:15 a.m. Continental breakfast, welcome & introductions
8:15 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. Costco Optical Lab overview
8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. Lean, kaizen, the eight wastes & their countermeasures
9:30 a.m. - 9:45 a.m. Break
9:45 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. RattlesNVAke hunt exercise & trophy awards
10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. 7S, visual controls, kanban & set-up reduction
11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Lunch
12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m. Process mapping, one piece flow & standard work
12:30 p.m. - 1:15 p.m. LEGO® go-kart exercise
1:15 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Small team practice on shop floor using lean tools
3:00 p.m. - 3:45 p.m. Team reports
3:45 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Award AME Lean Boot Camp certificates
4:00 p.m. Adjourn
- Learn how to apply lean from those who have done it over and over in industry.
- See and implement lean methodology immediately at the host company.
- Meet other similar-minded professionals in their area of expertise and develop contacts for benchmarking and best practice sharing.
- Discover tools and methods to deploy at your own organization to drive out waste and improve safety, quality and delivery while reducing cost!
- Anyone wanting to learn more about lean practices
- Supervisors or managers who want to learn how to deploy lean with their teams
- Technical professionals, engineers and operations leaders who want to build their lean tools understanding
- Company owners that need to make improvements within their businesses to get results and want to see if Lean is a good fit for their organizations
- Students, teachers and others seeking how to learn and develop lean practices
You can become an AME member during the registration process for $150 per year and obtain the discounted AME member rate for this event. Your membership will also entitle you to a registration discount for all future AME conferences, seminars, workshops and webinars for one year. Additionally, you will receive a subscription to the award-winning Target magazine and much more.
Payment or purchase order must be received by the AME office five days prior to the event start date. If no payment or PO number is received, you will be asked to pay with a credit card or check at the event before entry.
Cancellation Policy: Enrollment fee less a $100 non-refundable registration charge will be refunded up to one week before the event. Substitutions may be made up to three days prior to the start of the workshop.
Notes: This event may be cancelled by AME for any reason. AME is not responsible for incidental costs incurred by registrants. By registering for this meeting, I hereby acknowledge and agree that AME or its agents may take photographs of me during events and may use those photographs for AME’s purposes, including but not limited to news and promotional purposes, without further compensation to me.