This popular AME Western region event returns this year to Southern California and Northern Mexico, and features four companies that are demonstrating how to deploy and sustain lean and enterprise excellence at their sites. Over the course of two days, see lean practices in action on the shop floor at Broan Nutone, Taylor Guitars, Turbotec and Becton Dickinson. Previous companies and participants have stated that this is the one event they strive to attend each year because of the excellent learning opportunities!
What you will see:
- At Broan Nutone, you will observe integrated sheet metal fab and assembly manufacturing, standard work, flow, 3P designed lines and more.
- At Taylor Guitars you will walk the flow from raw wood materials to finished guitar with pull systems, small batch flow manufacturing and a 5S+1 program and more.
- At Turbotec, you will see built-in quality, pull systems, visual management, strong continuous improvement culture and more.
- At Becton Dickinson, you will see strong daily gemba and visual management, team score cards, kanban and more.
NOTE: Due to Mexico border crossing and USA border crossing requirements, a valid passport is required for travel.
Broan-NuTone LLC is a leading manufacturer and distributor of residential built-in convenience products including home automation products, door chimes, central vacuum systems, ceiling fans, intercom systems, ironing centers and ventilation fans. Broan employs over 2,500 people in seven countries on four continents. www.broan-nutone.com
Headquartered in El Cajon, California, Taylor Guitars is a leading global builder of premium acoustic guitars. Taylor employs over 900 people and currently produces hundreds of guitars per day in its state-of-the-art factory complexes in both El Cajon and in Tecate, Baja California, Mexico. taylorguitars.com
Turbotec specializes in the manufacture of complex gas turbine components to OEM standards. With a 280,000 square feet facility located just three miles south of the U.S./Mexico border in Tijuana, Turbotec remanufactures more than 600,000 core and consumer-owned parts anually. The company's 900 employees efficiently disassemble the components and assemblies brought in from Solar's Desoto, Texas overhaul plant and return them to "like-new" condition. mysolar.cat.com
Becton Dickinson is a global medical technology company that is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD leads in patient and healthcare worker safety and the technologies that enable medical research and clinical laboratories. The company provides innovative solutions that help advance medical research and genomics, enhance the diagnosis of infectious disease and cancer, improve medication management, promote infection prevention, equip surgical and interventional procedures and support the management of diabetes. bd.com.
Wednesday, April 11, 2018
USA START LOCATION/RECOMMENDED LODGING:
Holiday Inn Express (2296 Niels Bohr Court, San Diego, CA 92154)
Phone: 001-619-710-0900, www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/san-diego/sanom/hoteldetail
MEXICO ATTENDEES DRIVE DIRECT TO TAYLOR GUITARS TO ARRIVE 8:45 a.m. (Parque Industrial El Bajio Tecate 21440 B.C., Mexico)
6:45 a.m. - 7:30 a.m. Registration & Breakfast
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Depart for Mexico border / immigration
9:00 a.m. - 9:15 a.m. Arrive at Taylor Guitars
9:15 a.m. - 9:45 a.m. Welcome & introduction
9:45 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Tour (4-5 groups of 8-10)
11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Feedback session for Taylor Guitars
12:00 p.m. - 12:15 p.m. Depart for Broan (Calle de los Vinedos 4500, Parque Industrial El Bajio, 21430)
12:15 p.m. - 12:30 p.m. Arrive at Broan
12:30 p.m. - 1:15 p.m. Welcome & lunch
1:15 p.m. - 1:45 p.m. Introduction
1:45 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Tour (4-5 groups of 8-10)
4:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Feedback session for Broan
4:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Depart for Hotel Lucerna in Tijuana
6:00 p.m. AME hosted networking dinner at the Hotel Lucerna (Paseo de los Héroes #10902, Zona Rio, 22320, Tijuana, B.C., Mexico)
Thursday, April 12, 2018
MEETING LOCATION/RECOMMENDED LODGING:
Hotel Lucerna Tijuana (Paseo de los Héroes #10902, Zona Rio, 22320, Tijuana, BC)
Phone: 011-52-664-633-3900, www.guestreservations.com/hotel-lucerna-tijuana/booking
MEXICO ATTENDEES DRIVE DIRECT TO BD TO ARRIVE AT 8:00 a.m. (Boulevard Insurgentes, 20351, Parque Industrial El Florido, 22244, Tijuana, B.C., Mexico)
6:45 a.m. - 7:45 a.m. Breakfast
7:45 a.m. - 8:15 a.m. Depart for Becton Dickenson (BD)
8:15 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. Arrive at BD
8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Welcome & introduction
9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Tour (4-5 groups of 8-10)
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Feedback session & lunch
12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m. Depart for Turbotec (Calle Chilpancingo 1361, Chilpancingo, 22440 Tijuana, B.C., Mexico)
12:30 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Arrive at Turbotec / Welcome & introduction
1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Tour (4-5 groups of 8-10)
3:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Feedback session for Turbotec
3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Depart for USA hotel & survey
4:30 p.m. Cross border & arrive at hotel
- Anyone wanting to learn more about lean practices
- Company or business leaders who want to take their organizations to the next level of safety, quality, lean, service and productivity
- CI professionals, engineers and operations leaders who want to expand their toolkit and look for new ways to implement and sustain lean
- CEOs & company owners that need to make improvements within their teams to get results
- Students, teachers and others seeking how to learn and develop lean practices
- Go and see lean implementations in practice and ask site personnel directly what went well and what they would do differently.
- See how lean is adopted in four distinctly different businesses: sheet metal fabrication, medical devices, high volume cleanroom disposables, and electric and acoustic guitars.
- Meet other similar-minded professionals in their area of expertise and develop contacts for benchmarking and best practice sharing.
You can become an AME member during the registration process for $150 per year and obtain the discounted AME member rate for this event. Your membership will also entitle you to a registration discount for all future AME conferences, seminars, workshops and webinars for one year. Additionally, you will receive a subscription to the award-winning Target magazine and much more.
Payment or purchase order must be received by the AME office five days prior to the event start date. If no payment or PO number is received, you will be asked to pay with a credit card or check at the event before entry.
Cancellation Policy: Enrollment fee less a $150 non-refundable registration charge will be refunded up to one week before the event. Substitutions may be made up to three days prior to the start of the workshop.
Notes: This event may be cancelled by AME for any reason. AME is not responsible for incidental costs incurred by registrants. By registering for this meeting, I hereby acknowledge and agree that AME or its agents may take photographs of me during events and may use those photographs for AME’s purposes, including but not limited to news and promotional purposes, without further compensation to me.