The AME San Francisco Bay Area Consortium and the Barry Wehmiller Leadership Institute (BWLI) are partnering to offer an engaging two-part workshop designed to engage your heart and mind, and to inspire you to a higher level of leadership performance. This one-day learning experience is being offered at a significant discount from typical BWLI one-day learning experiences. Don't miss out on this opportunity to learn, grow, and connect with other local lean practitioners and leaders.
9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.: Inspirational Leadership and Trust
For organizations to thrive in an environment that is increasingly globalized, faster, and more uncertain, complex, and ambiguous, they must build trust. High performing teams innovate, adapt, and conquer the unknown. They accomplish what other teams find impossible through encouraging, building and nurturing trust. These teams have reduced turnover, higher engagement, greater innovation, and increased fulfillment. While inspiration gets people to take the first step and follow in the calm, trust gets people to climb the hill and brave the storm. Building this trust resides in simple learned behaviors that when understood and practiced, create greater trust and resulting accelerated performance.
• Inspirational leadership – know where inspiration comes from and how to inspire others
• Defining leadership behaviors – identify the behaviors to model in your daily culture, examined across industry
• Time is the currency of leadership - develop awareness of where you are spending it
• Trust model - gain knowledge of the four critical components of trust and the behaviors necessary to build it (built in collaboration with the US Navy Seals)
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.: Lunch and networking
1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.: Creating an Environment of Intrinsic Motivation
Between rewards and consequences lies the environment of ownership and accountability. Using a framework of purpose, personal engagement, alignment of systems, feedback, capability, and measurement, we’ve created a construct for leaders to gain awareness and adapt their cultural environment to encourage greater intrinsic motivation and accountability to themselves, fellow leaders, direct team, and customers.
We will showcase the blueprint on creating this environment by focusing on these key drivers, for self and team:
• Purpose – is the goal clearly defined and inspirational?
• Personal Engagement – do I have input into how our stated purpose is met?
• Systems – is the system I operate in aligned to our objective?
• Feedback – do my contributions matter and am I being afforded the opportunity to course correct?
• Capability – do I have the tools, resources, skills, and knowledge to complete my work with quality?
• Measurement – do I know what winning looks like?
Optional networking opportunities follow the event
After a 12-year leadership journey in the sports business industry, Paul joined the Barry Wehmiller Leadership Institute, inspired by the partnership that BWLI and the San Francisco 49ers shared during his time with the NFL club. In his role, Paul is charged with forming impact-driven partnerships with a mission to transform the cultural landscape of business to embody a leadership philosophy of people, purpose, and performance. He now wakes up stimulated to follow his calling of unleashing the potential in others.
With BWLI, Paul has led engagements with the US Special Forces, a major airline, leading wine producer, non-profits, tech organizations in Silicon Valley, as well as professional sports franchises.
In his time at the 49ers, Paul served on an executive leadership team that discovered their organizational 'Why' and values, immersing himself to lead a culture transformation that resulted in the creation of the 49ers Academy, a top talent incubator in the industry fueled through the vision of placing people first and inspiring them through a greater purpose.
Paul received his MBA from the University of Michigan focused on leadership development, with a bachelor's degree from USC in business. He currently lives in Pasadena, CA with his wife as they enjoy hosting memory-inspiring gatherings and traveling abroad.
- Identify your personal inspiration and how to inspire others
- Define the leadership behaviors that you want to model to create an environment of trust
- Gain awareness and skills to encourage greater intrinsic motivation and accountability in themselves and others
- Establish connections and have personal conversations with other practitioners and leaders in the Bay Area
- Mid-level managers
- Continuous improvement practitioners
- Anyone interested in deepening their leadership skills
Stanford Children's Health is one of the founding member companies of the AME San Francisco Bay Area Consortium. Stanford Children’s Health is the only health care system in the San Francisco Bay Area—and one of the few in the country—exclusively dedicated to pediatric and obstetric care. Stanford Children's Health physicians and health care teams offer comprehensive clinical services, from treatments for rare and complex conditions to well-child care at more than 60 locations. https://www.stanfordchildrens.org/
You can become an AME member during the registration process for $150 per year and obtain the discounted AME member rate for this event. Your membership will also entitle you to a registration discount for all future AME conferences, seminars, workshops and webinars for one year. Additionally, you will receive a subscription to the award-winning Target magazine and much more.
Payment or purchase order must be received by the AME office five days prior to the event start date. If no payment or PO number is received, you will be asked to pay with a credit card or check at the event before entry.
Cancellation Policy: Enrollment fee less a $100 non-refundable registration charge will be refunded up to one week before the event. Substitutions may be made up to three days prior to the start of the workshop.
Notes: This event may be canceled by AME for any reason. AME is not responsible for incidental costs incurred by registrants. By registering for this meeting, I hereby acknowledge and agree that AME or its agents may take photographs of me during events and may use those photographs for AME’s purposes, including but not limited to news and promotional purposes, without further compensation to me.