This two-day workshop provides a step-by-step methodology for integrating the powerful waste-eliminating tools of lean product development into any product development process. In the current economic climate, doing more with less is a mandate for virtually any firm—particularly with respect to new product introductions. Unfortunately, much of the effort expended by product development teams is often unnecessary and potentially wasteful. In many cases, only one or two hours of team member’s work day is actually spent creating value for their customers and profits for their companies.
Firms that have embraced the practical, waste-eliminating methods of lean product development have reported up to 50 percent reduction in launch schedules, dramatic improvements in gross margin, and enhanced customer satisfaction. This workshop is based on the book "Mastering Lean Product Development," by Ronald Mascitelli, and is presented by the author. Takeaways include a practical plan for executing a real-world development project in less time, with higher margins and with enhanced quality and customer value.
Specific topics include:
- How to energize your current development process through an event-driven, highly collaborative design methodology
- A powerful new tool for connection the voice-of-the–customer directly to product requirements
- Identifying and mitigating risks to cost, schedule and quality
- Managing a “lean development team” in a multi-project environment
- The LPD visual workflow management system
- Cost reduction through quick-look value engineering and lean 3P methods
- Enhancing productivity through time-slicing and visual communication
Ron Mascitelli, PMP President, Technology Perspectives
Since founding Technology Perspectives in 1994, Ron Mascitelli has presented seminars and workshops globally on the lean product development (LPD) methodology and has created customized implementations for over 150 companies in 20 countries. He is the author of five books on LPD, including his latest bestseller, "Mastering Lean Product Development: A Practical, Event-Driven Process for Maximizing Speed, Profits and Quality." Mascitelli holds MS degrees in electrical engineering and solid state physics and is a project management professional (PMP). He served for 15 years as a senior scientist and director of R&D for Hughes Aircraft and the Santa Barbara Research Center.
- Dramatically accelerate the development of high-value new products.
- Reduce product cost through Toyota-based innovation and process preparation techniques.
- Improve the quality and efficiency of customer/ team/ management communication.
- Maximize the productivity of scarce human and capital resources.
- Develop a culture of discipline, value-focus, and intolerance of waste.
You can become an AME member during the registration process for $150 per year and obtain the discounted AME member rate for this event. Your membership will also entitle you to a registration discount for all future AME conferences, seminars, workshops and webinars for one year. Additionally, you will receive a subscription to the award winning Target magazine and much more.
Payment or purchase order must be received by the AME office five days prior to the event start date. If no payment or PO number is received, you will be asked to pay with a credit card or check at the event before entry.
Cancellation Policy: Enrollment fee less a $100 non-refundable registration charge will be refunded up to one week before the event. Substitutions may be made up to three days prior to the start of the workshop.
Notes: This event may be cancelled by AME for any reason. AME is not responsible for incidental costs incurred by registrants. By registering for this meeting, I hereby acknowledge and agree that AME or its agents may take photographs of me during events and may use those photographs for AME’s purposes, including but not limited to news and promotional purposes, without further compensation to me.