This workshop will provide an overview of the Matthews management system (MMS), an internal operational excellence platform, as well as insight into reinvigorating a continuous improvement/lean production system that may have become complacent over time. MMS is based on the principal that a focus on safety + quality + delivery (in that order) result in value to the business and customer, not just cost reduction. The workshop will include a first-hand look at how Matthews utilizes lean techniques in a systemic fashion to drive capability and build maturity throughout an operation. It will also demonstrate how MMS is being reenergized at a site that has become stagnant since its previous lean transformation.
Please note that the following competitors will not be permitted to attend: Granite Bronze, Phoenix Bronze Resources, Batesville Casket Company
Matthews International Corporation is a global provider of brand solutions, memorialization products and industrial automation solutions. The SGK Brand Solutions segment is a leader in the delivery of brand development, activation and deployment services that help build our clients’ brands and consumers’ desire for them. The Memorialization segment is a leading provider of memorialization products, including memorials, caskets and cremation equipment, primarily to cemetery and funeral home customers that help families move from grief to remembrance. The Industrial Technologies segment designs, manufactures and distributes marking, coding and industrial automation technologies and solutions. We have approximately 11,000 employees in more than 25 countries on six continents that are committed to delivering the highest quality products and services. matw.com
7:30 a.m. Registration and continental breakfast
8:00 a.m. Introductions/kickoff
8:15 a.m. Safety thoughts
8:25 a.m. Shift startup meeting
• Overview of shift startup meetings
• Attend shift startup meeting
8:50 a.m. Matthews Overview & MMS 10 Guiding Principles
• Business overview
• Matthews Management System
9:20 a.m. Gemba walk (Plant Tour)
10:20 a.m. Gemba walk debrief
10:35 a.m. Break
10:50 a.m. Revamping of a stagnant lean/continuous improvement operating system
11:50 a.m. Working lunch - Q&A
12:20 p.m. Wrap up
- Business leaders
- Operations leaders
- Manufacturing engineers
- Production leaders looking to implement or enhance a lean enterprise system to enhance business performance
- Tour the Matthews International bronze division factory and see how the Matthews management system approach drives continuous improvement in safety, quality and delivery.
- Learn about the importance of daily shift start-up meetings to drive employee engagement and support continuous improvemement.
- Hear lessons learned in the deployment of an enterprise management system.
- Gain insight into the core elements in priority order of the management system and how the system drives increases in customer value not just reduction of operational costs.
- Learn from Matthews leaders how to leverage a management system deployement approach to re-energize existing lean transformation programs.
You can become an AME member during the registration process for $150 per year and obtain the discounted AME member rate for this event. Your membership will also entitle you to a registration discount for all future AME conferences, seminars, workshops and webinars for one year. Additionally, you will receive a subscription to the award-winning Target magazine and much more.
Payment or purchase order must be received by the AME office five days prior to the event start date. If no payment or PO number is received, you will be asked to pay with a credit card or check at the event before entry.
Cancellation Policy: Enrollment fee less a $150 non-refundable registration charge will be refunded up to one week before the event. Substitutions may be made up to three days prior to the start of the workshop.
Notes: This event may be cancelled by AME for any reason. AME is not responsible for incidental costs incurred by registrants. By registering for this meeting, I hereby acknowledge and agree that AME or its agents may take photographs of me during events and may use those photographs for AME’s purposes, including but not limited to news and promotional purposes, without further compensation to me.