Mistake-proofing is one of the most powerful lean concepts, yet after many years in the public eye it is still one of the least practiced. Broad implementation of mistake-proofing devices can reduce defects caused by human errors absolutely to zero! While the technical side of mistake-proofing is important to effective implementation, creating an environment that identifies and highlights mistakes as “gold nuggets” for improvement rather than individual shortcomings is essential. Organizations that can create this environment, enable a culture of quality, not just a quality system. After offering a short explanation of mistake-proofing as a lean technique, Mr. Hamilton will address key social and policy changes that must occur to unlock the full benefits of mistake-proofing.
This webinar will review overcoming "gotcha" behaviors and how to integrate mistake-proofing into your ideas program.
Bruce Hamilton is the president of GBMP and a 2016 inductee to the AME Hall of Fame. Known to many as “the Toast Guy” for his leading role in the best-selling video, "Toast Kaizen,” Bruce has been a student and passionate advocate of TPS for over 30 years. In 1986, he led his company from large batch production to single piece part and information flow. Mistake-proofing was a key enabler to this transformation and also a key to changing company culture.
Located in Newton, Massachusetts, GBMP (www.gbmp.org) is a not-for-profit provider of continuous improvement training and implementation with a mission to keep good jobs in Northeast US. In addition to workplace consulting and management coaching, GBMP is a leading provider of continuous improvement dvds and streaming content, simulations and games and is a registered affiliate of the Shingo Institute.
- Senior managers who have questions about their role in creating a favorable environment for mistake-proofing
- Quality professionals who have questions about implementing quality at the source
- First line supervisors want to improve basis mistake-proofing facilitation skills
- Designers who want to better understand how to design poka-yoke into new products
- Lean and CI facilitators who are seeking to integrate mistake-proofing into products and processes
- Gain a basic understanding of the technical aspects of mistake-proofing
- Learn how to get started and how to build on early mistake-proofing success
- Become sensitized to traditional preconceptions and behaviors that discourage mistake-proofing
- Understand the top manager’s role to promote a zero defects culture
- Appreciate the critical role played by front-line employees"
You can become an AME member during the registration process for $150 per year. Your annual membership will also entitle you to a registration discount for all future AME conferences, seminars, workshops, and webinars for one year. Additionally, you will receive a subscription to the award winning Target magazine and much more.
AME reserves the right to cancel any webinar due to unforeseen circumstances. If so, every effort will be made to reschedule the webinar and provide a recording.
Cancellation Policy: Enrollment fee will be refunded up to one week before the event. Substitutions may be made anytime prior to the start of the webinar.
Note: You will not receive the webinar information until the registration is paid for.