The A3 Improvement Process
TOUR and COURSE DESCRIPTIONThe facility tour in the morning will give participants a first hand look at how Remcon Plastics has implemented various lean concepts in this primarily make-to-order, high mix business. Tour highlights will be how our team uses the A3 process, examples of improvements gained, how we manage/coach with Team communication.
After the tour there will be a workshop on the A3 Improvement Process. Participants are asked to bring with them a problem from their own organizations. They will be paired up with members of the host company who will help coach the attendees in crafting an A3 for these problems, and providing examples of their own. Participants can then take their A3s back to their organizations and continue the improvement process. This exercise will provide attendees with a real, tangible take away from the event.
HOST COMPANYRemcon Plastics, Inc.
Remcon Plastics Inc is a leading rotational plastics manufacturer in the custom molding, material handling and safety products industries. ISO 9001:2008 certified, customers worldwide depend on Remcon’s high performance and innovative products, experienced engineering and design team and unparalleled customer service. With rotational molding and structural foam processing, customers turn to them for their custom designs.
In the last five years Remcon has reduced their scrap by 75%, reduced inventory by 42%, and most importantly increased efficiency by 48% and our bottom line by 200%.
AGENDAFebruary 27, 2014
9:00am Introductions, Company Background, Tour Instructions
9:30am Plant Tour, Q & A
12:30pm Workshop: The A3 Improvement Process
4:00pm Wrap up
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Anyone with an interest in improving his or her problem solving abilities.
- This event has broad application to people in any company, and in any role - operations and support personnel, hourly associates to the CEO – all can benefit from attending this event.
- Companies that have an interest in the application of Lean/Operational Excellence in a primarily make-to-order, high mix company.
- Learn how the A3 Improvement Process can enhance the problem solving abilities of all members within any organization.
- Learn how A3s can be used to garner support for an improvement effort.
- For managers, learn how A3s can improve your ability to lead
- Participants are encouraged to bring with them a real problem, and begin the A3 process during the workshop.
- See first hand the application of lean concepts in a make-to-order, high mix environment.
LOCATIONRemcon Plastics, Inc.
208 Chestnut Street
Reading, PA 19602
HOTEL RECOMMENDATIONSCourtyard by Marriott
150 North Park Road
Wyomissing, PA 19610
55 South 3rd AveWest Reading, PA 19611
OTHER REGISTRATION INFORMATIONYou can become an AME member during the registration process for $150 per year and obtain the discounted AME member rate for this event. Your membership will also entitle you to a registration discount for all future AME conferences, seminars, workshops and webinars for one year. Additionally, you will receive a subscription to the award winning Target magazine and much more.
Payment or purchase order must be received by the AME office five days prior to the event start date. If no payment or PO number is received, you will be asked to pay with a credit card or check at the event before entry.
Cancellation Policy: Enrollment fee less a $100 non-refundable registration charge will be refunded up to one week before the event. Substitutions may be made up to three days prior to the start of the workshop.
Notes: This event may be cancelled by AME for any reason. AME is not responsible for incidental costs incurred by registrants. By registering for this meeting, I hereby acknowledge and agree that AME or its agents may take photographs of me during events and may use those photographs for AME’s purposes, including but not limited to news and promotional purposes, without further compensation to me.
- Member Fee: $395
- Non-member fee: $495