The Manufacturing Day assists in preparing the next generation for a career in manufacturing.
By participating in this initiative as an AME member you can...
- Collaborate with local schools to increase an awareness that prepares students for high paying jobs in advanced technology and manufacturing
- Host and promote career development events in advanced technology and manufacturing
- Bring business and education together to share best practices and to help drive continuous improvement in curriculum development
You can help show the next generation what today’s manufacturing is all about by engaging your company with a local school or college and inviting them to come to your facility on Manufacturing Day (MFG DAY). Once you decide to hold an MFG Day event, you can find the resources needed to help plan your event on the MFG Day website. MFG Day provides a forum to demonstrate the skills needed to achieve an exciting and rewarding 21st Century career in advanced technology, logistics and manufacturing. The next step is to register your event to include your company’s logo and social media links to help promote your event and company as a technology leader and involved corporate citizen.
Remember to take lots of pictures and share your story on the MFG Day website and with AME so we can promote your participation via social media.
MFG Day Process
Reach out to a school or college in your community
- Explain what Manufacturing Day is about
- Identify students, teachers, and career counselors to attend
- Complete waivers for pictures and tours from parents
- Provide information about appropriate attire for tour – Closed toed shoes, no shorts, etc.
- Work with the school to set up school bus for transportation to and from the event
- Start at 8:30am
- Offer a briefing about your business and career opportunities in manufacturing
- Discuss the safety rules for your tour
- Tour your facility
- Wrap up and Q &A
- Visitors leave around 10:30am
AME Student Memberships
During your presentation and as a post-event follow up, we suggest you promote the AME student memberships to students who want to pursue careers in manufacturing. The goal is to stay engaged with the school and / or college to help them graduate career-ready citizens with the skills to join the workforce and continue on with a post-secondary education and / or credentialing. Thus, making the “American Dream” a reality for all our citizens. Please join AME as we Share, Learn, and GROW!