Dr. Sherrie Ford Manufacturing as a Career Path 2015 - 2016 Scholarship
The Dr. Sherrie Ford Manufacturing as a Career Path 2015-2016 Scholarship supports and promotes manufacturing as a career path by providing scholarship opportunities for manufacturing career-minded individuals. These scholarships will be open to individuals who are interested in pursuing a career in the field of manufacturing. Eligible applicants include those individuals who are currently graduating from high school, current college students or individuals with prior work experience who have decided to seek a college education. Dr. Sherrie Ford was a prominent consultant in the field of change and lean manufacturing, and head of one of the largest women-owned businesses in the United States. She dedicated her life to changing the lives of workers in plants throughout the country and practiced what she preached on the floor of her own manufacturing facility.
AME's vision is to leverage the knowledge, experience and resources of the people in manufacturing, primarily in North America, devoted to Enterprise Excellence in order to promote fresh, original, creative and sustainable ideas for improving their workplace, now and in the future. The AME is passionate in supporting young men and women learning about the pursuit of excellence and considering the benefits of a career in manufacturing operations; they are the leaders of our manufacturing future.
Kronos believes that the future of excellence in manufacturing is not only forged by today's industry leaders, but is also inspired by the next generation of young professionals pursuing careers in the field of manufacturing. To help promote and continue the tradition of excellence in manufacturing, Kronos is proud to be a core sponsor of the Dr. Sherrie Ford Manufacturing as a Career Path Scholarship, an educational program created in partnership with The Association for Manufacturing Excellence (AME).
- Fifteen $1,500 scholarships will be awarded per academic year (Only the first 300 applicants will be reviewed and considered per academic year).
- A $500 signing bonus will be awarded to recipients who successfully complete their academic program and who land a position in the manufacturing industry.
- Applicants must be accepted in an accredited college or trade school to be awarded a scholarship, provide proof (college acceptance letter or class schedule) and provide a mailing address identifying the appropriate department where their scholarship check is to be mailed.
- Applicants must have earned a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants must complete the entire scholarship application process to be considered. (See application process)
- An award recipient must be willing to be mentored by an AME member or manufacturing professional in their area to be considered. AME will identify and connect recipients with appropriate mentors after the award is made.
- Must have a job within the manufacturing industry within three months of the completion of their studies to receive the $500 bonus.
- Scholarship money can be used for college tuition for the program of study. Tuition coverage may include any or all manufacturing related coursework and/or general education coursework mandated to complete a certificate or degree in the manufacturing curriculum only.
|APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE||AWARD NOTIFICATION DATE||PROGRAM START|
|June 12, 2015||July 31, 2015||Fall Term|
|November 6, 2015||January 4, 2016||Winter/Spring Term|