This boot camp focuses on lean fundamentals to allow participants to quickly learn and apply lean tools and methods immediately. In fact, Biotix, Inc., our host company, has on-site logistics, shipping, receiving, and distribution functions that allow participants to practice in a working setting that same day.
Headquartered in the heart of San Diego’s biotech community, Biotix, Inc., is a world-class manufacturer of laboratory consumables and liquid handling solutions.
From precision-engineered manual and robotic pipette tips, to recyclable reagent reservoirs, the company is always looking for new ways and better tools to further its customers' research capabilities. With more than 500 employees worldwide, Biotix has a team of life science professionals that are devoted to innovative life science products.
Jerry M. Wright is a seasoned lean professional with 33 years of experience in the aerospace, consumer products, power distribution and medical device manufacturing industries. He has taught lean and process excellence at both SDSU and USCD. Jerry has a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering and an MBA. He is Lean Gold Certified, a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt and a Lean Master Black Belt.
7:30 a.m. Welcome and Continental Breakfast
8:30 a.m. Biotix Overview
8:45 a.m. Lean and Kaizen
9:00 a.m. 8 Wastes and Their Countermeasures
9:30 a.m. Break
9:45 a.m. RattlesNVAke Hunt Exercise
10:30 a.m. 7S, Visual Management, Kanban
11:30 a.m. Lunch
12:00 p.m. Set-up Reduction
12:30 p.m. Process Mapping, One Piece Flow and Standard Work plus LEGO® Exercise
1:30 p.m. Small Team Practice on Shop Floor
3:00 p.m. Team Reports
3:45 p.m. Award LEAN BOOT CAMP Certificates
4:00 p.m. Adjourn
- Learn how to apply lean from those who have done it over and over in industry
- Hands-on opportunity to see implement lean methodology immediately at the host company
- Participants will be able to meet other similar-minded professionals in their area of expertise and develop contacts for benchmarking and best practice sharing
- Take-aways of tools and methods to deploy at your own organization to drive out waste and improve safety, quality, delivery while reducing cost!
- Anyone wanting to learn more about lean practices
- Supervisors or managers who want to learn how to deploy lean with their teams
- Technical professionals, engineers and operations leaders who want to build their lean tools understanding
- Company owners that need to make improvements within their businesses to get results and want to see if Lean is a good fit for their organizations
- Students, teachers and others seeking how to learn and develop lean practices
You can become an AME member during the registration process for $150 per year and obtain the discounted AME member rate for this event. Your membership will also entitle you to a registration discount for all future AME conferences, seminars, workshops and webinars for one year. Additionally, you will receive a subscription to the award-winning Target magazine and much more.
Payment or purchase order must be received by the AME office five days prior to the event start date. If no payment or PO number is received, you will be asked to pay with a credit card or check at the event before entry.
Cancellation Policy: Enrollment fee less a $100 non-refundable registration charge will be refunded up to one week before the event. Substitutions may be made up to three days prior to the start of the workshop.
Notes: This event may be canceled by AME for any reason. AME is not responsible for incidental costs incurred by registrants. By registering for this meeting, I hereby acknowledge and agree that AME or its agents may take photographs of me during events and may use those photographs for AME’s purposes, including but not limited to news and promotional purposes, without further compensation to me.