This course is intended to prepare participants to take and pass the Lean Bronze Certification Examination, which will be offered on the third day for those who sign up for the exam separately with SME. This 3-hour multiple choice exam is designed to test understanding of the Lean Certification Body of Knowledge. The review course helps participants understand the body of knowledge that test questions are drawn from, provides practice exams and exercises to give students a good idea of what will be included in the exam, and offers several takeaways that students will find useful on exam day.
PLEASE NOTE: The registration through AME is for the Lean Certification Review Class ONLY.
You can registerfor the exam here: http://www.sme.org/bronze-exam/
Auburn University - Harbert College of Business
Auburn University's Harbert College of Business is dedicated to producing highly-desired graduates and generating knowledge that drives business thought and practice. Its vision is to be among the elite public business schools in the U.S.
Hank Czarnecki serves as Auburn’s lead manager for lean manufacturing activities. Hank has more than 20 years of experience facilitating continuous process improvement (kaizen) events. He is Lean Bronze Certified, has taught the Lean Bronze Review class 15 times and reviews portfolios for Lean Certification. He is a NIST Qualified Lean Manufacturing Trainer, Certified Training Within Industry Instructor and past president of AME’s Southeastern region.
November 6, 2017 - 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
• Introductions & Lean Certification Overview
• Practice Exam 1 – (Practice Exam and Review)
• Formula Review & Practice (Worksheet and review questions)
• Cultural Enablers (Team Research)
• Continuous Process Improvement - (Individual Worksheets and Group Review)
• Continuous Process Improvement – (Team Research)
• Additional Take Home Practice Exam
November 7, 2017 - 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
• Portfolio Development
• Additional Check Activity (Short Answer & True/False)
• Business Results – (Team Research)
• Practice Exam 2 (Practice Exam and Review)
• Test taking strategies, Wrap up and Questions
November 8, 2017 - 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
• Exam – 3 hours, multiple choice
* Certification exam will be online. Computers will be limited, we ask that you please bring your own laptop if you have one. Proctor: Hank Czarnecki
The lean certification path starts with an accumulation of lean knowledge and the reading and understanding of the core reference materials. Once this takes place, it’s time to evaluate your lean knowledge through various assessments and online reviews. The Lean Bronze Certification exam focuses on lean fundamentals. While there is no minimum experience level to take the exam, students must understand the Lean Certification Body of Knowledge and pass the Lean Bronze Certification exam. After this happens, the student receives a Lean Knowledge Certificate and then must prepare to demonstrate their lean knowledge by preparing a Lean Bronze Portfolio which consists of three different projects.
• Understanding of the Bronze-level Body of Knowledge and requirements
• Review of recommended material
• Learn how the test is structured
• Learn how to focus your exam preparation activities
• Group activities and discussions
• Practice exercises and tests
Participants in this course are expected to read the recommended readings prior to the course and should bring their books to the class. Books will be used throughout the class and for the exam. E-Books are not allowed for the exam
Exam questions are based on specific recommended readings:
• Gemba Kaizen, Masaaki Imai
• Lean Production Simplified, Pascal Dennis
• Lean Thinking, James P. Womack and Daniel T. Jones
• Learning to See: Value Stream Mapping to Create Value and Eliminate Muda, Mike Rother and John Shook
• Lean Lexicon - LEI
Please bring these materials with you for use during the review course and the open book exam.
You can become an AME member during the registration process for $150 per year and obtain the discounted AME member rate for this event. Your membership will also entitle you to a registration discount for all future AME conferences, seminars, workshops and webinars for one year. Additionally, you will receive a subscription to the award winning Target magazine and much more.
Payment or purchase order must be received by the AME office five days prior to the event start date. If no payment or PO number is received, you will be asked to pay with a credit card or check at the event before entry.
Cancellation Policy: Enrollment fee less a $100 non-refundable registration charge will be refunded up to one week before the event. Substitutions may be made up to three days prior to the start of the workshop.
Notes: This event may be cancelled by AME for any reason. AME is not responsible for incidental costs incurred by registrants. By registering for this meeting, I hereby acknowledge and agree that AME or its agents may take photographs of me during events and may use those photographs for AME’s purposes, including but not limited to news and promotional purposes, without further compensation to me.