Since 1985, the AME International Conference has set the standard for practitioner-to-practitioner sharing. The world's largest lean conference features keynotes, workshops, site tours, sessions, and networking opportunities. Catering to continuous improvement practitioners of every level — from beginners to experts — from manufacturing, govenment, health care and other industries. Learn more about this year's conference and recent past conferences below.
AME EVERYWHERE 2021 INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
October 18-21, 2021 — a 100% virtual experience
Theme: Cultivate. Sustain. Prosper
October 17-20, 2022 in Dallas, Texas
Why attend an event?
Since 1985, our members have learned that thriving in a highly competitive environment requires two key ingredients: people engaged in excellence in their daily work and the sharing of enlightened knowledge throughout the enterprise.
To help you succeed, AME hosts events across North America, where our membership presents its greatest and most enlightened best practices. By bringing people together to share, learn and grow, we inspire each other's journey to enterprise excellence.
Why are we so passionate about growing member knowledge and "leaning out" processes?
We have learned that the leaner your processes are and the more engaged people are, the more productive you are and the more bottom-line success you will have. We've learned that by leaning on the insights of members who have been there and done that, you are provided with a trusted network of like-minded people you can rely on to confidently make the changes needed to accelerate your growth. AME offers a variety of different learning events to help you on your journey toward excellence.
CONFERENCES & SUMMITS
- AME International Conference. The annual AME International Conference is the largest lean and continuous improvement conference in the world. The conference regularly hosts 1,500-2,500 lean and continuous improvement professionals from more than 36 countries.
- Atlanta Lean Summit. Hosted by AME's Southeastern region, the Atlanta Lean Summit regularly welcomes more than 150 continuous improvement professionals each year, and features a variety of keynotes, workshops and tours.
- AME Operational Excellence Summit. Hosted by AME's Southwestern region the 2021 Operational Excellence Summit (April 27-29) will feature six past AME Excellence Award recipients sharing their experiences and pearls of excellence. Uncover excellence with presentations by AGCO, CNH Industrial, Goodyear, HM Electronics, Littelfuse and O.C. Tanner plus tours of Crown Equipment and M2 Global.
AME hosts a variety of year-round learning events in each of its nine North American regions.
- Benchmarking plant tours. Go and see how other organizations are implementing lean and continuous improvement initiatives, and take away new ideas to bring back to your organization.
- Dine & learns. Dine & Learn events are a great opportunity for members and non-members alike to share, learn and grow. There’s no conflict with normal business hours and dinner is included. Each event will highlight an important industry topic to help advance your organization’s lean journey and will include networking opportunities.
- Workshops. Deep dive into a hot issue with an AME lean expert, and discover new tools to help you fix the problem.
- Lean certification training. AME has teamed up with SME and Shingo Institute to offer lean certification training. Attending any AME event will count toward hours needed for lean certification or re-certification.
- People-centric leadership training. Developing a passionate, engaged workforce is the recipe for a thriving, successful business. This course was designed by AME to provide organizations with a comprehensive overview of people-centric leadership and the behaviors required to build a culture where every day, everyone is fulfilled by pursuing excellence and everybody flourishes. Click to learn more about people-centric leadership, or find an upcoming PCL 101 training event.
- Webinars. AME webinars are a low-cost option for continuous improvement throughout the year and a great opportunity to learn from and engage with industry experts. Participate live or on-demand. Find an upcoming webinar.
Need more? Join a local lean learning network
An AME consortium is a group of local companies (20 +/-) that collaborate for broad, deep, accelerated lean-CI progress better, faster, and easier than they can do it alone. Membership in an AME Consortium provides you with access to exclusive learning events that are tailored specifically to the needs of your organization. These dynamic practitioner-to-practitioner networks are designed to support you in accelerating your company’s journey toward excellence through:
- Plant tours rotating through the member companies
- Round-table discussions on a host company’s hot issue
- Special interest groups on a common hot issue (e.g. 5S, VSM, pull, SCM, etc.)
- Auditor exchanges for deeper application of lean-CI practices
- Consortium strategic plan for support of companies’ lean-CI priorities
- Shared-cost learning events
AME Consortia currently exist in Buffalo, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Lake Ontario (Toronto), Miami, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Nashville, Salt Lake City, St. Louis, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco Bay Area, and Virginia. Click here to join your local lean learning network today!