On this tour, you will see and learn about:
- Medtronic's visual workplace.
- Policy deployment throughout the company.
- Medtronic's standard work.
- How Medtronic employs heijunka, kanban and SMED.
- Pull systems in various stages of deployment for high-mix, low-volume medical devices.
- Problem-solving utilizing the DMAIC methodology
- VSM/VSA-driven improvement efforts.
The Midas Rex portfolio is recognized as Medtronic's center of excellence for electric and pneumatic drill systems. Medtronic's Fort Worth, Texas facility is just a short drive from Dallas and showcases world-class medical device manufacturing within a very controlled FDA/ISO environment. Approximately six years into its lean journey, the Cranial & Spinal Technologies Division has successfully empowered its employees and developed a culture of continuous improvement. Join us for a tour of Medtronic and see its visual workplace, policy deployment throughout the company, standard work, how it employs heijunka, kanban and SMED, pull systems in various stages of deployment, and more.
For more than 70 years, Medtronic has led the way with purpose-driven healthcare technology. That history compels the company to relentlessly pursue therapies that change lives. With more than 90,000 people across 150 countries, Medtronic innovates solutions that treat more than 70 health conditions across four portfolios of solutions. In the past year, Medtronic therapies improved the lives of 72 million people. That’s two people every second of every hour of every day—and counting. www.medtronic.com