Attendees will be introduced to total productive maintenance (TPM) as a system that will help you put a plan together. Learn about TPM concepts and see creative solutions and best practices from other teams/industries.
Discover a phased process which is a step by step plan to take your maintenance group and production equipment to the next level of operation. These are do-able, bite size steps that will move your maintenance group forward while increasing the production output of your machines. This session will teach you how to:
- Identify two main causes for 80 percent of equipment failures
- Evaluate equipment 5S and understanding how 5S ties directly into improved quality, set-up reduction, mistake proofing, etc.
- Analyze equipment condition and equipment failure history
- Perform overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) observations to baseline the effectiveness of your equipment and to drive up the OEE percent
- Calibrate eyes to locate safety issues/problems
- Develop countermeasures against contamination
- Develop countermeasures to make equipment more accessible
- Value measurements: temperature, sound levels, ultrasound, infrared, air speed, and much more.
Fuss and O’Neill Manufacturing Solutions, LLC, assists clients in improving their bottom line by increasing the productivity, safety, and reliability of their machines and equipment. It helps improve the productivity of equipment and maintenance personnel, resulting in immediate and sustainable results. Total productive maintenance, maintenance excellence concepts, maintenance management training, ergonomics, and safety guarding all work toward increasing maintenance effectiveness. www.fando.com
John Perrotti is a vice president in Fuss & O'Neill's Manchester office where he leads various disciplinary efforts for its manufacturing solutions group. He is an expert in reliability and has developed methods and approaches to evaluate systems for achieving maximum performance. He is also an expert in electrical safety - NFPA 70E compliance, and lock out/tag out procedures. and has extensive knowledge within the metalworking industry. Perrotti has performed training and support in maintenance manager 101, troubleshooting techniques, set up reduction and utilizing a lean approach to safety.