Those who take part in any AME event and related activities must adhere to the following:
- Treat each other with civility, courtesy and respect (both face-to-face and online), regardless of the sex, race, color, national origin, marital status, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, occupation, line of business, or policy position of other participants.
- Foster an environment that is free from any form of discrimination and conduct that is harassing, coercive, or disruptive. AME prohibits harassment in any form – verbal, physical or visual – and will not tolerate discriminatory harassment or inappropriate conduct of a harassing nature directed against any individual.
- Make reasonable and informed comments when participating in discussion.
- Act fairly and in good faith with other participants.
- Act in accordance with AME's code of ethics: The conference provides a unique, non-commercial forum for open dialogue and the creative exchange of ideas among professionals in business and industry. Consequently, every activity and program must represent the highest standards of decorum, respect, mutual understanding and conscientious adherence to ethical principles on the part of all participants. Under no circumstances should presentations be used for direct promotion of a speaker’s product, service or monetary self-interest. Individuals should refrain from the use of brand names and specific product endorsement whenever practical. All presentations must refrain from overt statements or pointed humor that disparages the rightful dignity and social equity of any individual or group. The conference is open to all persons, regardless of race, national origin, sex, age, physical impairment, and social, political, economic or religious conditions. Instances involving non-compliance with these guidelines or breach of the standing Code of Ethics should be referred to either the conference chair or program chair.
AME is committed to supporting a productive and safe environment for all participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, staff members and service providers. Any AME participant who believes there has been a violation of this policy should promptly bring the incidents to the attention of Darlene King, firstname.lastname@example.org.
AME reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the event without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and AME reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.